Which Ukrainian children are subject to compulsory temporary consular registration abroad?

Administrative Law
Law Services - Which Ukrainian children are subject to compulsory temporary consular registration abroad?

Which children are affected?
The following are subject to mandatory registration on a temporary consular basis:
• children who before leaving the country lived around the clock in any institution for children (regardless of whether they have the status of an orphan or a child deprived of parental care);
• children placed with foster families;
• children placed in foster care, placed in foster families or family-type orphanages;
• children who left Ukraine accompanied by one of the parents (without the consent of the other parent) or accompanied by grandparents, sister, brother, stepmother, stepfather, or other people authorized by only one of the child’s parents.

Why is this necessary?
Consulates protect the rights and interests of Ukrainian citizens abroad. The state of Ukraine needs to know the whereabouts of children who were forced to leave its territory as a result of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation. This is the only way to coordinate assistance to children and adults with whom they are abroad.

For how long should the child be registered with the consulate?
The law stipulates that a person accompanied by a child who has left Ukraine must apply to the consulate within one working day of arrival at the final destination. It is recommended to inform the relevant embassy or consulate immediately upon arrival at the place of stay abroad. Then, as soon as possible, the documents required for the temporary consular registration of the child should be submitted to the embassy or consulate.

What to do first?
• Find the embassy or consulate of Ukraine in whose consular district you are located.
• Inform the relevant embassy or consulate by electronic means of data of the child transported from Ukraine (name, date of birth of the child; an institution where the child was in Ukraine; address of the child’s residence abroad, information about the accompanying person and his status, contacts of the accompanying person persons).
• Read the official information on the consulate’s website or Facebook page and find out the time of the consular reception and whether a pre-registration is scheduled.
• If the recording is scheduled, make an appointment.
• Prepare the necessary documents.• Arrive at the consulate on time

What documents to take with you?
• a photograph measuring 35 x 45 millimeters with the image of the child’s face (the image of the face should be from 70 to 80 percent of the total area of ​​the photograph, background white or light gray);
• passport of a citizen of Ukraine for travel abroad, issued in the name of the child (if available): passport of a citizen of Ukraine issued in the name of the child (if available);
• birth certificate or extract from the State Register of Civil Status Acts on state registration of the birth of a child;
• a document issued by the competent authorities of a foreign state, confirming the stay and address of the child’s place of residence in the territory of this state (if available);
• the original of your passport of a citizen of Ukraine or passport of a citizen of Ukraine for travel abroad;
• documents confirming your authority to support and represent the interests of the child abroad.